Friday, April 3, 2015

Hey Cowboy

And she said "Cowboy, why don't you write a song for me
You don't have to keep singing
That same sad song
About the one who done you wrong
Why don't you write about the one who set you free
Hey Cowboy, why don't you write a song for me?"

She was young and pretty
And half near as lonesome as me
She called me cowboy
And said I was lonesome and free
She said "hey Cowboy, why don't ya write a song for me"

She could tell there was something
Inside of me gone wrong
As she listened closely
And watched me sing my song
She said "hey Cowboy, you ain't the only one been done wrong"

She said "don't be scared now baby
I know you've been hurt before
By some pretty fool
Who couldn't hold you anymore
Don't worry baby, I know you get the urge to roam
You won't ever have to go alone
You can take me or I will stay
But I'll be here when you get home
I'll never run away

But hey hey

Hey cowboy why don't you write a song for me
You don't have to keep singing that same sad song
About the one that done ya wrong
Why don't you write about the one who set you free
Hey Cowboy, why don't you write a song for me

Hey Cowboy, write a song for me"

No comments:

Post a Comment