Sunday, October 4, 2015

Teardrops In The Rain

Lately my life
Is fast cars motorcycles 
And Jim beam whiskey
And another young girl 
Only learning to play the game
Tomorrow she better learn fast
How to miss me
Because I'll be gone
Like Teardrops in the rain

A long time ago
Maybe there was one who could've held me
But she is gone
I guess it's for the best
She found something to replace me
And I found that freedom
Means more than a word in a song

Since then I've taken
Everything I took
Living hard running out the show
You can't see, so you can't know
It's all smoke and mirrors
Just a carnival game
I will show you but you can't look
Because I'll be gone
Like Teardrops in the rain

I'll shoot you straight
And you'll find surprise
Take my truth
And turn bourbon into lies
Another driven snowflake
Fallen with a Scarlett stain
I will show you but you can't look
And I'll be gone
Like teardrops in the rain

No comments:

Post a Comment